Friday, January 24, 2014

no fear friday: hot yoga.

I have been curious about hot yoga for a long time, but, until recently, was always too intimidated to try it.  It always seemed way too hardcore for me (and seriously expensive!).

A few weeks ago a friend of mine mentioned that her yoga studio was looking for people to participate in their work trade program, and I jumped at the opportunity. So now I clean at the studio for three hours a week in exchange for free(!!!) yoga.



After my first cleaning shift, I was seriously inspired to try out some of their hot yoga classes, and I finally got  the courage to go on Monday.

And I loved it! Don't get me wrong, it was seriously hard, but I loved how great I felt afterwards after sweating everything out. When I first walked into class, I was so intimidated by everyone else who seemed like experts. But I got the hang of class pretty quickly, and I can't wait to go back!

Have any of you ever tried hot yoga? Do you have an tips for a newbie like me?

1 comment:

  1. Hot Yoga is the best! I've been on a Vinyasa kick for 2 years and got a little bored-- tried Bikram (so so) and then Hot Yoga and fell in love! Perfect combo of the two

    ReplyDelete