Tuesday, January 7, 2014

currently reading: Adulting

Since I've was snowed in at my apartment the past two days, I finally had the chance to finish reading my book club book for this month, Adulting: How to Become a Grown-Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps.



I wasn't really sure how I was going to like this book because reading about how to be a "grown-up" doesn't exactly sound like fun. However, I was pleasantly surprised by Adulting.

A lot of the advice in this book is pretty obvious, but the author's funny and sarcastic tone made it easy to relate to the problems she discussed. And while the thought of having real-life adult problems is a little scary for me, this book made me realize that it's totally okay to not have everything figured out just yet. Sometimes I feel like I need to have my entire life in order now that I have graduated from college and am on my own, and it's refreshing to be reminded that graduating doesn't automatically mean having all the answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment