Thursday, January 2, 2014

hello 2014.

I'm baaaack!
After a rather long hiatus from this little blog of mine, I am finally back just in time to welcome a new year -- hello there, 2014.

Since it's the time of year for those (dreaded) New Years Resolutions, I thought I would share a few of mine for this year. I'm not usually one to make a ton of resolutions, but I do have some things I have been trying to work on lately:

Be Healthier -- This is a constant struggle for me. I have been working out a lot more lately, and now I am trying to bring that healthiness unto all aspects of my life -- physical, emotional and spiritual.

Find a Hobby -- Ever since I graduated college in June, I feel like I have had a ton more free time on my hands, and I need to find something productive to do with myself instead of sitting on the couch binge watching Girls. I'm not actually sure what I want this hobby to be, but I'm open to trying all kind of new things this year in order to find out.

Spend Smarter -- And spend less. And save more. Seriously, this year I need to finally get my finances in order. I want to make big moves this year, and I definitely do not need money to be holding me back.

Read More -- I used to be such an avid reader, and I miss the feeling of diving into a good book. This year, I'm going to try to read for at least 30 minutes every day. If you have any book suggestions, please send them my way!

Live in the Moment -- Lately I've noticed that I'm spending waaay too much time checking social media on my phone when I am with other people. I am really trying to be better about enjoying the company of those I am with and not being distracted with other things. It's easier said than done, but I am truly trying.

There you go: my resolutions for a wonderful 2014. What are you all hoping to work on this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment